ARK are committed to deliver signalling designs to both Railway Group Standards & Network Rail Company standards. This may involve simple or complex signalling principles and/or involve novel and unique design solutions to meet customer requirements with a focus on safety, and efficiency.
ARK has a proven record of delivering the signalling design aspects throughout the eight Network Rail GRIP stages as summarised below:
- Signalling design input and guidance.
- Input into the production of the Project Requirements Specification.
- Input into the production of the Feasibility Report.
- Input into the production of the Option Assessment Report.
- Input into the production of the Option Selection Report.
Single Option Development
- Scheme design and associated calculations.
- Production of the signalling design element of the Design Reference Pack and
- Design Compliance Certificate.
- Input to the production of the Risk Register.
- Prepare, Check and Approve (CRE) NR Designs in accordance with the NR Signalling Design Handbook.
Typical Detailed Design Deliverables
- Pre-design correlation.
- Correlation/site survey reports.
- Scheme Plan design.
- Location Area Plan design.
- Bonding plans.
- Control Table Designs.
- Signalling Power calculations and alterations.
- Location/REB/Relay Room Designs.
- Interlocking Design & Alterations – Mechanical lever frame, RRI (free-wire),
- Geographical – GEC & Westpac.
- Panel Work Designs.
- Interlocking Data Design – SSI & Westlock.
- Interfaces and fringeworks design.
- Material schedules.
- SAT/SOR Risk Assessments.
- Risk Register updates.
Construction, Test & Commission
- Operational support publications.
- Test prints.
- Maintenance prints.
- Asset documentation updates.
- Commissioning correlation documentation.
- TiC technical support.
Scheme Hand Back
- Updated signalling records.
- Asset maintenance documentation.